查看: 13722|回复: 69
打印 上一主题 下一主题

有用吗?

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2008-7-14 12:00:55 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
看了这个标题,如果你碰巧好奇了一下,可能会说,这老东西搞什么鬼,什么有用呢?----恭喜你,你刚刚问了两个WH问题。

所谓WH问题是指:where,what,when,who,which,why,how,这类对于NT或AS小孩天然就会的技能,对于自闭症小朋友而言可能是“高级”课程。要引发他们主动问这样的问题,需要训练,而训练的核心是设局下套,等君入瓮。

手册上常说的方法是这样的:把一个强化物放在不透明的盒子里,然后放在孩子眼前,引诱他问:这是什么(what is it?)。如果问了,给他强化物。

于是我拿了一个鞋盒,里面装了一块巧克力(解禁很久了),递到儿子眼前。他说:这是耐克的盒子耶。我开始晃盒子,并观察他的表情,如果他露出好奇,我将马上进行“零延迟辅助的无差错教学”。果然,他很好奇,我马上低声说:“说,这是什么?”他说:是汽车。 “你说,这---是----什---么---” 他不管不顾地接着猜:这是师傅(from kungfu panda)...

我碰钉子只能说明我家狗剩程度差,其他朋友不妨一试。二楼贴的是这类教学的具体例子,也是众家长智慧的结晶。所给链接理论性强一点。

希望有用。

----------------------------------------------
百事可乐
2#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-14 12:04:53 | 只看该作者

re:[COLOR=#3d11ee]Wha...

What

The teacher will bring in a paper bag with things the child likes inside the bag ...

Where
**Present the child with a closed box with that has a reinforcer (candy works best) in it

WHY
Teacher will put a chair on the table while the child is engaged in another activity....

更多详细内容见niuniuma [U]23楼[/U]的中文翻译。

要用英语教学的朋友可以用楼下的链接。
回复

使用道具 举报

3#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-14 12:07:21 | 只看该作者

re:[COLOR=#1111ee]HOW [...

HOW

Notes about teaching this mand: When teaching “how” mands, make sure the learner is physically able to perform the action required once the information is provided to them. If they are unable to physically perform the action themselves, the proper mand should be “help me” and not “how”.If the learner figures out “how” to do it before you show them, you cannot prompt the mand.

更多详细内容见[U]33 楼[/U]的中文翻译。

WHEN
Give a peer a desired reinforcer and prompt "When can I have it?" or "When is it my turn?"
The teacher should say "After XXX is done with it".
Prompt peer to put it down (Reinforce peer for doing so) and teacher tells child "Now you can have it".
Place an empty bag of a highly preferred food on the table setting. Do not talk about the item, however have it sitting on the table while doing something in this setting with the child. When the child starts looking at the empty bag, prompt him to ask, “When can we get more XXXX?” Once the child echoes your prompt, tell him “After you XXXX” (The activity that the child should have to engage in prior to the manded activity should require only a short duration in time, so as to reinforce the mand).
**Place highly desired item on the table when the child mands for it, the teacher should say "Not right now" and prompt "When can I have it?".
Teacher says "After you XXXX".
Child does the activity and then gets the item
**Tell the child that you are going to take them for a fun ride in the wagon. Then pick up a book and begin reading it. When the child looks at you as if they want to go on a wagon ride, prompt
“When can we go?” Once they mand, tell them “As soon as you put your shoes on”. (Example provided by Charlene, Brick, NJ)
Bake cookies with the child and when the batter is ready, place it on the tray in the oven. When you see the child looking into the oven at the cookies, prompt him to ask “When will they be ready?” As soon as the child echoes your prompt, tell him the amount of time that the cookies have to bake for. (When first teaching this skill, you may want to teach this when there are only a few seconds left for the child to wait. You may also want to respond to the mand for “when” with “After you do XXXX” (This activity should be an activity that the child enjoys. Try to time the activity so that it is completed right at the time the cookies are finished baking).
Alternative example for example above: Wait until the cookies are finished baking and take them out of the oven. Sit them on the counter and do not draw any attention to the cookies. When you notice that the child is looking at the cookies as if he is wanting one, prompt to ask “When can I have a cookie?” Tell him, “After they cool for one more minute”. As soon as the one minute is up, tell the child that he can have a cookie. Bring photos of the child engaging in a fun activity or at a fun location (ex. McDonalds, the pet store, a friend’s home). While the child is looking at the pictures, prompt him to ask “When can we go back to the XXX?” The answer should be something that indicates a very short duration of time passing.
Child sees you packing their bag for the pool. Prompt, “When are we going to the pool?” Tell the child, “after you put your shoes on”. (Example provided by Amy from York, PA).
Before a visit from “out of town” family, look at pictures of their last visit with the child (as long as the child had an enjoyable time). Prompt the child to mand, “When is Grandpa coming again?” Then tell them, “Tomorrow” or “Right now! Let’s go pick them up from the airport!” (Example provided by Amy from York, PA)

以上来源:
http://establishingoperationsinc.com/helpfulinfo.aspx

相关文章:
http://www.marksundberg.com/files/Sundberg_et.al._Mand_for_info_2002.pdf  更多详细内容见[U]31 楼[/U]的中文翻译。

回复

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 2008-7-14 12:13:46 | 只看该作者

re:哈哈哈哈,老枪终于坐下开讲可,般个凳子坐...

哈哈哈哈,老枪终于坐下开讲可,般个凳子坐下耐心听。
回复

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2008-7-15 00:01:20 | 只看该作者

re:嗯,有理,先看看这些英文,然后继续听枪兄...

嗯,有理,先看看这些英文,然后继续听枪兄的解释哦
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2008-7-15 10:43:25 | 只看该作者

re:难道这就是传说中的VB的manding训...

难道这就是传说中的VB的manding训练?

实在好奇,老枪自己给儿子训练吗?还是主要靠训练师?
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2008-7-15 12:35:29 | 只看该作者

re:根据老枪的描述,孩子背后应该有个协助者,...

根据老枪的描述,孩子背后应该有个协助者,直接拿孩子手指盒子,把老枪帖子中的----我马上低声说:“说,这是什么?”换成“是什么?”,然后孩子跟着仿说。
和孩子讲话尽可能用描述性语言,命令式语言尽量少用为好!
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2008-7-16 23:59:29 | 只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2008-7-17 05:07:17 | 只看该作者

re:谢谢老枪,非常有用,收藏了。

谢谢老枪,非常有用,收藏了。
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2008-7-17 08:05:20 | 只看该作者

re:请教老枪,我儿子的问题是:who, wh...

请教老枪,我儿子的问题是:who, where, what用得很好,简单的why的问题也能回答,偶尔也能问一些why的问题。但是,why的问题和who,where, what比起来,问的就很少。怎样才能让孩子多问why呢?我儿子的why问题,总共也就只有不到10个,其中60%老妈不知道怎么回答。
回复

使用道具 举报

11#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-17 08:23:34 | 只看该作者

re:gmom,关于WH问题我自己刚刚起步,很...

gmom,关于WH问题我自己刚刚起步,很着急地贴上来,主要觉得可能对别的家长会有帮助。关于why的问题,我猜大概是要培养孩子八卦一点。很多问题要向你请教,以后慢慢来吧。

谢谢XUBB,你的建议让我想起了一位家长的名言,“孩子不会,教得不对”,看来是我不对,回头向狗剩认错。

放了这么大段英文,实在过意不去,苦于没时间,只好请google帮忙,如果你看不懂,别拿砖砸我,niuniuma出的主意。

(2楼的what)

什么

儿童是在楼下,有人去楼上,并开始打地板扫帚
或玩具的蝙蝠。儿童会听到噪音楼上。如果孩子开始环顾房间
找到问题的根源噪音,迅速把孩子曼德尔, “什么是噪音? ”治疗便可以
告诉孩子一些效果, “这是你的兄弟,他是打棒球(或一些
其他有趣的活动,儿童享有) 。让我们去发挥他“ (例如所提供的埃丽卡从
纽约, PA )的
回复

使用道具 举报

12#
发表于 2008-7-17 11:17:32 | 只看该作者

re:[QUOTE][b]下面引用由[u]gm...

下面引用由gmom发表的内容:

请教老枪,我儿子的问题是:who, where, what用得很好,简单的why的问题也能回答,偶尔也能问一些why的问题。但是,why的问题和who,where, what比起来,问的就很少。怎样才...

who, where, what, which比较好学,why难一些,how又难一些,个人体会。以前我的孩子从不问why,我自己乱教她(那时候没有这个帖子),5岁才学会。后来她6岁了,虽然十万个为什么问的太多了,很多根本就没有什么为什么不为什么的(如为什么天高)。此时我又意识到她从来不问how。

回复

使用道具 举报

13#
发表于 2008-7-17 11:54:49 | 只看该作者

re:对于WHY(为什么),我们的经验是多从生...

对于WHY(为什么),我们的经验是多从生活中教他给他示范。从去年7月我们开始给他示范,一直到今年3-4月他才开始用WHY问问题。比如我们看见人下雨打伞,就会问儿子:“他们下雨时为什么要打伞呢?”如果儿子回答不出,大人就说:“因为他们怕衣服会打湿。” 这种灌输多了,他就会明白或者体会到什么时候该用WHY(为什么)来问问题了。

嗯,对于HOW,我们小子好象也用得少一些。我得查一查他的ABA记录。
回复

使用道具 举报

14#
发表于 2008-7-17 13:44:46 | 只看该作者

re:以琳今天太难上了,先在这儿冒个泡。我儿子...

以琳今天太难上了,先在这儿冒个泡。我儿子的wh问题,只要中文有了,英文就很快过关。这还是一个认知的问题。

我儿子不爱问why, 和他不爱看书一样让人头疼。他会用why,也会回答简单的why, 例如: Why he is sad? why she is crying? 但是,更本没有niuniu的十万个为什么。这次让外婆从北京买了儿童版的十万个为什么的DVD,先学学看。

对于how, 我认为分成两个部分。一个是,对于状态的提问. 例如:How is your back? How is your sister? 另一个则是排序,怎样做.例如:How to make a burger?我儿子中文第一类有时候能问。 前2天,我抱怨陪他坐小凳子腰疼,小子作出一付怜悯样,问我:“你的背怎么了?好疼哦。你病病了,要看医生。“ 第2类,小子可以回答间单的how to的问题,但不会提问。我认为How to最难教。我家ABA现在教when, 还没有教why和how, 到时候我再上来补充。

我觉得让孩子问wh的问题,最主要的是:孩子对于问题的结果有兴趣知道,他才问。问问题才是真正的主动语言。
回复

使用道具 举报

15#
发表于 2008-7-17 15:05:46 | 只看该作者

re:先收藏了。

先收藏了。
回复

使用道具 举报

16#
发表于 2008-7-17 22:45:40 | 只看该作者

re:[QUOTE][b]下面引用由[u]gm...

下面引用由gmom发表的内容:

以琳今天太难上了,先在这儿冒个泡。我儿子的wh问题,只要中文有了,英文就很快过关。这还是一个认知的问题。

我儿子不爱问why, 和他不爱看书一样让人头疼。他会用why,也会回答简单的why, 例...

你对于HOW的方法很好,我要试一下。Cheers!
回复

使用道具 举报

17#
发表于 2008-7-18 20:32:08 | 只看该作者

re:通过cause and effect的训...

通过cause and effect的训练,可能会对WHY问题的训练有所帮助吧。
回复

使用道具 举报

18#
发表于 2008-7-22 02:16:13 | 只看该作者

re:Who ? 主席!When...

Who ?
主席!

When ?
总理!

-神秘大国,很有用。顶!
回复

使用道具 举报

19#
发表于 2008-7-22 14:02:21 | 只看该作者

re:另一个教提问的VB小册子,大同小异,老枪...

另一个教提问的VB小册子,大同小异,老枪必就早看过。

Teaching the Child to Ask Questions

Pre-requisite Skills 孩子需具备的能力:
孩子能够对大量的物品和活动提出索要。有说孩子须能用形容词副词来成句子地描述或提要求,也有反过来说教提问可增强形容词介词的学习。重要的要搞清楚孩子能否区分不同问题的应用场合,故提问的教学顺序要个别化。孩子不能区分场合,那就教他留意前后语境。做不到,就打基础晚点儿再教。

The child should be requesting (manding) a large number of objects and actions.  Some people prefer to wait until the child is also able to label (tact) adjectives and prepositions as well as waiting until the child is using sentences to request (mand).  Others have had success with using the teaching procedures involved in teaching the child to ask questions (mands for information) to teach the child prepositions and adjectives because doing so may increase the child’s motivation (EO) for using the adjectives and prepositions in a functional manner.  It is probably most important to determine the child’s ability to discriminate the conditions under which questions (mands for information) are appropriate and then use whichever sequence of teaching skills the individual child responds to best.  If it is decided to teach the child to ask questions and discrimination errors begin to occur, try to teach the child to discriminate the relevant context.  If you are unsuccessful, hold off on teaching the child to ask questions (mands for information) while other necessary skills are taught.

Why do People Ask Questions? 人为什么要提问?
首要功能是获取所需信息,上档次的还可用来套磁,有问有答才能维持对话。
英语中普通孩子通常最先用’dat?’提问的,因为…(翻累了不保正确,google去吧)
The primary function of asking questions is to obtain desired information.  Of course, as adults, we have also learned that it’s polite and reinforcing to our friends to ask certain questions (i.e. “How are you doing?” “How was your vacation?”). If we are interested and enjoy (are reinforced by) our interactions with the person we are talking to or the topic of discussion, the questions serve to maintain or continue the conversation.   
When typically developing children are first learning to ask questions “dat?” is often the first question used. One explanation of this behavior is that the child is requesting information.  The child wants to learn and is interested in the environment.  If this is the case, then in behavioral terms it means that words have become reinforcing to the child.  Another behavioral explanation may be that the person the child is saying “dat?” in the presence of has become a conditioned reinforcer and the child is requesting (“manding” for) the attention of the person.  This happens after a long learning history of that person being paired with reinforcement and reinforcement occurring whenever the child says “dat?” in the presence of the person.

Is my child/student already requesting information?
孩子开始要求获取信息了吗?

Remember that when determining the maintaining reinforcer for any given behavior, we have to look at what the specific child enjoys.  Children might appear to be “manding for information” by pointing to, or touching an object/picture without looking at the adult present.  This behavior has a history of being reinforced (maintained) by the adult present saying the name of the item touched.   
For example, one child was highly reinforced by letters or numbers and pointed to them frequently.  Whenever the child pointed, the adult said the name of the letter or number.  The child could receptively identify (touch/get/point) to the letters and numbers when asked but was non-verbal.  His only way of manding for objects was to pull his parents to the desired object or typical location of the activity he desired. Rather than “manding for information” the parents had become the child’s personal “V-Tech” toy! (One of his favorite “stimmy toys.)  While this did serve to pair the parents with reinforcement which is a desirable goal in and of itself, we wouldn’t want to do this in exclusion of teaching the child how to request specific objects or actions using other forms of communication.
For this particular child, we were successful in teaching a couple of skills with the behaviors he was already exhibiting (touching) and using his desire (EO) to hear someone say letters and numbers.  First, we began the activity in the way the child had been previously taught (child points/adult says).   
Then we started waiting a few seconds until the child turned and looked at the adult before saying the name of the number. Soon the child was making eye contact as he pointed.  Next, we wrote the numbers on small cards and taught the child to hand us the number he wanted us to say (Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS). We taught the child the skill of giving someone a picture of what he wanted to obtain what he wants (reinforcer).  Later, when not specifically engaged in the activity, the child would take the picture to the parent.  When he did so, the parent got out the letters/numbers, and played with the child using them.  This skill was more functional because the child could request the specific game or activity using the picture whereas before he was only able to request a specific behavior of his parents if the letters or numbers were present.   The child also generalized this skill (PECS) to requesting other toys, foods and activities that he desired. We also used the reinforcing value of letters paired with blocks, puzzles and songs to pair those activities with reinforcement (create new conditioned reinforcers).
It’s also important to recognize that even if the child is saying words that sound like questions, we have to determine the reinforcer that’s maintaining before we can determine if the child is requesting information or requesting a specific object or activity.  For example, a highly echoic child might ask, “Do you want to watch TV?”  when he doesn’t really care much if YOU want to or not!  The function of this question is to communicate, “I want to watch TV”.  It’s easy to see how this might happen.  The “learning history” in this case might be that whenever the child wants to (has an EO) for watching TV, he drags is mom to the television set and puts her hand on the button.  Right before turning on the TV she asks her child, “Do you want to watch TV?”  The child echoes, “Do you want to watch TV?” and the TV is turned on.  The behavior of saying “Do you want to watch TV” has been reinforced multiple times.  The problem is, the child is using the incorrect “form” for the function!  Instead, the parent was taught to prompt with “I want to watch…”. The child filled in “TV”, and then the TV was turned on.  The child was not yet echoing isolated words under “instructional control” or on a consistent basis but he typically filled-in words from his favorite songs so we knew this would be a more successful way of getting the “behavior” of saying “TV” so we could reinforce it.  In this case, we didn’t want to prompt the child to say, “I want to watch TV” until we taught him to use isolated words for a variety of functions because of his strong echoic history.  We did eventually prompt him to use many different sentences, (i.e. “I want to watch TV”, “Turn on the TV”, “Let’s watch some TV” etc.) to get the TV on but only after he was able to label a large number of items in response to “What’s this?” and was also doing so spontaneously to gain our attention.  Using the sentence, “I want to watch TV”, was then important because the listener could not always determine if he said the word because he wanted it or was just labeling it to get our attention.
Other children often ask questions that are not serving the purpose of gaining information.  For example, they may ask, “Where’s my ball?” when the ball is sitting in front of them.  This often happens because the child has been reinforced for saying the words that sound like questions by receiving the desired item, even when it’s visible.  Or, the child may have been taught to ask questions through imitative activities that did not include the appropriate reinforcer (getting information you don’t know).  For example, perhaps the child was reinforced for saying “Who’s that?” while looking at pictures of familiar family members in a photo album.  If the child can label (tact) the people in the album he doesn’t need the information that ‘Who’s that?” should be used to obtain. Whenever this type of learning history has occurred, it is best to prompt the correct words to use in the context and then reinforce, providing multiple opportunities to practice and fading prompts and at the same time, teach the appropriate conditions so the child is able to discriminate between the two.  For example, for the child above, one might prompt (echoic and putting child’s finger on the picture), “Look, there’s daddy!”, “That’s grandma!” etc. and fade the prompts.  At the same time, teach him to ask “Who” questions under the condition that he needs the information as described below.
回复

使用道具 举报

20#
发表于 2008-7-22 14:18:51 | 只看该作者

re:[B]How do I teach th...

How do I teach the child to ask questions under the appropriate conditions?
提问的具体教学例子

First, consider the "information" that would reinforce the specific question form:
1. "Can" obtains information about the ability of an object or person to engage in a specific activity. The response is typically "yes" or "no".  Example:
"Can donkeys fly?"
2. "Can I" / "May I" obtains permission to engage in a desired activity or get a desired object. (While it's "grammatically incorrect" to use "can" under this condition, it is so widely used in our society for this function that it is considered appropriate so long as the family commonly uses the question form under this condition.)  Example:
"Can I go outside?"
"May I have a cookie?"
3. "Will" / "Would"  / "Could" / "Would you mind?" obtains information about the ability, willingness or likelihood of another person engaging in a specific activity. (combined with "you" if you're talking to the person you want to engage in the activity, "he, she" if the person is present but you're not talking to them and the specific name of the person if the person is not present.)  Example:
"Will Grandma pick me up?" "Would you help me with this puzzle?" "Could you get my shoes?" "Would you mind taking out the garbage?" "Will he take my truck?" "Will Daddy go to work today?" "Would Mrs. Smith take me to the park with her?"
4. "What / What's that?" obtains information about the label (tact) of an object. Example:
"What's in the bag?" "What's that?" (pointing to an unknown object/picture) )
5. "What kind?" obtains information specific to an attribute of an object or indicates more "specificity" is required. Example:   
Instructor: "I got a new dog!"
STUDENT: "What kind?"Instructor:  "A Boxer."
"What kind of chips do you want?"
6. "Who?" obtains information about the label (tact) of a person.  Example:  
"Who's that?" (new kid in class)  "Who took my truck?"
Mom:  "Someone's coming over today!"
STUDENT:  "Who?"
7. "Where?" obtains information regarding the location of an object, person, or activity.   Example:   
"Where's mommy?" (mommy not present)  "Where are my shoes?" (shoes not present)   "Where are we going?"
8. "When?" obtains information regarding some measurement of time.  Example
"When can I have lunch?" "When are you leaving for vacation?" "When can we get together?"
9. "Why?" obtains information about the reason something is occurring or has occurred.  Example:
"Why are you wearing a purse on your head?" "Why did you hit me?"   "Why is he talking so loud?"
10. "Which one?" obtains clarification about two or more items.  Example:  
Dad: "Can I have a cookie?" (3 present)   
STUDENT: "Which one?"
11. "How?" obtains information about a procedure or process of completing something.  Example:   
"How do you open this?"
"How does this work?"
12. "Do / Did / Does?"  Combined with pronouns or specific names to obtain information about preferences, common activities or past events.  Example:
"Did you get some crackers?""Do you like puzzles?""Does grandma like Thomas videos?"
The next step is to determine how we can make receiving the information valuable (reinforcing) to the child. This is an important element of the teaching process because, while we can teach a child to "ask" questions, if the child is not reinforced by the information received, it is unlikely that he will engage in this behavior spontaneously!  In other words, we can teach him to ask but we also must teach him to "care about" getting the information.  This can be done by pairing the receipt of the information with an established reinforcer.   Once getting information has a long history or being paired with reinforcement, the likelihood that future questions will be asked is increased. The author typically teaches single "question words" at first to be sure they are taught as the "important word" (discriminative stimulus) for a specific response or specific type of information.  Then, multiple questions containing each specific question form can be taught. Example teaching procedures are as follows:

What?

("Thomas" books are highly reinforcing to the child and are out of sight)  
Instructor: "I have something for you! Say, 'What'"
STUDENT: "What?"   
Instructor: "A new Thomas book!"
(Note: The child should already have been taught to respond by echoing whatever follows "say" in an instruction. If the child has difficulty discriminating the requirement of the "echoic" response from responding to the question itself, it is often helpful to have them echo some others words first to "build momentum" then the question word. Ex:
Instructor: "Say 'house'" STUDENT: "house"   Instructor: "Say 'baby'." STUDENT: "baby" Instructor: "Say 'what'." STUDENT: "What"
(Reinforcing item is placed in an opaque bag)   
Instructor: (points to the bag)  "Say, 'What's that?'"   
STUDENT: " What's that?"  Instructor: "It's your top! Come on, let's play!" (Child is reaching toward zipped up bag containing a reinforcer)  
Instructor: "Say, 'What's in the bag?'"   
STUDENT: "What's in the bag?"
Instructor: "A new video for us to watch!  Come on!"
Once the question has been paired with reinforcement sufficiently, teach the child to ask for information regarding labels (tacts) he does not know.   
Instructor: (looking at a book about Sea Animals containing many tacts the child has previously acquired but some he has not yet been taught.)
Instructor: "What's that?"   
STUDENT: "whale"
Instructor: (Points to other animals the child knows but doesn't ask "What's that?" to fade the question prompt for the labels (tacts).
STUDENT: "Shark Octopus "
Instructor: (Points to an unknown item and immediately prompts), "Say 'What's that?'"
STUDENT: "What's that?"   
Instructor: "It's a sea lion."  (Depending on the particular child, the reinforcement for engaging in this behavior (i.e. asking the question) might be receiving the information (if he enjoys sea animals) or can be paired with social reinforcement such as '"Wow! You're learning lots of sea animals!"
Social praise has become a conditioned reinforcer or can be paired with a decrease in demands (just reading and enjoying the rest of the book together), or another reinforcer (such as getting a toy sea lion to give him after he asks the question if he enjoys playing with sea creatures).

Who?

(Planned arrival of a number of people who have been paired with reinforcement)   
Instructor: "Someone's at the door! Say, 'Who'"
STUDENT: "Who"   
Instructor: (opens the door)  "It's grandma!"  (repeat with other "favorite" people)
(Have different people take turns hiding under a blanket/sheet, out of view of child) Instructor: "Look! There's someone under the blanket!  Say, 'Who?'"   
STUDENT: "Who?"   
Instructor: (Says the name of the person as they "pop out" from under the blanket.)
Instructor: "Somebody likes to give you kisses!  Say, 'Who?'"
STUDENT: "Who?"  
Instructor: "Me!"  (showers the child with kisses)
(arrange for reinforcing people to call on the phone)   
Instructor: "There's someone on the phone for you!  Say, 'Who is it?'"
STUDENT:  "Who is it?"
Instructor: "It's Daddy!  Daddy wants to talk to you!"
(looking through photo album)
Instructor: "Who's that?"
STUDENT: "Mommy."
Instructor: (Continues pointing to pictures then point's to someone the child doesn't know)   
Instructor: "Say, 'Who's that?'"
STUDENT: "Who's that?"   
Instructor: "Bill." (also provide social or tangible reinforcement for asking the question.)
Where?
(Woody is a strong reinforcer)  
Instructor: "I know where Woody is!  Say, 'Where?'"
STUDENT: "Where?"   
Instructor: "He's under the couch!"  (helps child locate if necessary)
Once "what" is mastered, combine with "Where".   
Instructor: "I have something for you!"   
STUDENT: "What is it?"
Instructor: "A new ball!  Say, 'Where is it?'"
STUDENT: "Where is it?"   
Instructor: "It's in this bag!"   
STUDENT: (gets ball out)
Once the child is manding "Where" in contrived situations appropriately in response to specific SDs, teach him to mand "Where" combined with the object label to request missing items.
(playing with ball castle- Instructor hides the ball in different locations around the room)  Instructor: (calls attention to empty basket where the ball is usually kept) Say, 'Where's the ball?'"
STUDENT: "Where's the ball?"   
Instructor: "It's under the box."
(Give cereal without a spoon.)
Instructor: "Say, 'Where's my spoon?'"
STUDENT: "Where's my spoon?"
Instructor: "It's in the drawer.  Let's go get it!"   
(The child should be consistently manding for missing items.  Be sure to continue reinforcing the mand for the item (i.e. I need a spoon) intermittently.  It may be necessary to also hide a primary reinforcer with the spoon to make up for the delayed reinforcement to getting the spoon.)

Why?

(Instructor and child working on a "non-preferred" activity)   
Instructor: "We have to stop working now.  Say, 'Why'"   
STUDENT:  "Why?"
Instructor: "Because we're going to the park!" (a highly preferred activity)
(child watching a "less preferred" video.  Instructor comes in and turns it off)   
Instructor: "Say, 'Why did you turn off the video?'"   
STUDENT: "Why did you turn off the video?"   
Instructor: "So we can watch this new Dora video!" (a "more preferred video)
(instructor wears a clown nose into session)   
Instructor: "Say, 'Why are you wearing that nose?'"   
STUDENT: "Why are you wearing that nose?"   
Instructor: "Because we're going to play with the circus today!" (one of child's favorite activities)
Which/ Which One?
Instructor: "One of these candies is for you!  Say, 'Which One?'"
Instructor: "The orange candy.' (child's favorite color)
Instructor: (holding out two hands, fisted)  "I have a piece of candy in my hand!  Say, 'Which one?'"
Instructor: "This one!" (opens hand and gives candy to child)  
(Can also teach the child to mand specifically for "Which hand?")
Instructor: (two boxes present- One containing Woody)  "Woody is in a box.  Say, 'Which box?   
STUDENT: "Which box?"   
Instructor: "The shiny box."
Once he's using the question form consistently; teach him to mand for information to clarify a request.   
Instructor: (Two balloons present) "Hand me a balloon.  Say, 'Which one?'"   STUDENT: "Which one?"   
Instructor: "The long one."  
STUDENT:  (Gives balloon to instructor and instructor blows it up and plays with the child.)
When child has mastered asking "What?" and "Where?" questions, combine with "Which one?"   
Instructor: "I have something for you!"   
STUDENT:  "What?" Instructor: "A squishy ball!"   
STUDENT: "Where is it?"   
Instructor: "In the bag. (2 bags present) Say, 'Which one?'"  
STUDENT: "Which one?"   Instructor: "The large bag."
Whose?
Instructor: "I have someone's candy!  Say 'Whose?'" STUDENT: "Whose?" Instructor: "It's yours!"  (gives the candy)
Instructor: (Lays candy in front of child)  "Say, 'Whose candy?'"   
STUDENT:  "Whose candy?" Instructor: "It's yours!"
Once the child is regularly asking "Whose?" with no prompting, mix in trials that the candy belongs to someone else intermittently.   
(candy laying in front of child)   
STUDENT:  "Whose candy?" Instructor: "It's Mommy's." (Mommy takes the candy)   

When?

STUDENT: "Can I have a cookie?"  Instructor: "Not right now. Say, 'When'"   STUDENT: "When?" Instructor: "As soon as we wash our hands!"  (Make sure initial "waiting time" is very short!)
Instructor: "We're going to the park! Say, 'When?'" STUDENT: "When?"   Instructor: "As soon as we finish this book!"
After "Where" questions are mastered, mix in "When".
Instructor:  "We're going someplace special today!"   
STUDENT: "Where are we going?"
Instructor: "To the zoo!  Say, 'When are we going to the zoo?'"   
STUDENT: "When are we going to the zoo?" (child's favorite place)   
Instructor: "Right after lunch!" (Do this while you're eating lunch, not right after breakfast!)

How?

Instructor: (has a new toy that is hard to run) "I know how to turn this on.  Say 'How?'"   STUDENT:  "How?"
Instructor: "Like this!" (Turn on but hide the "secret" from the child so you can get a few trials in!)
After no prompting is needed, just prompt the child to say, "How do you turn it on?", and demonstrate.
Instructor: (Has a container with a new fastener and a reinforcer inside.  Gives container to child.)
Instructor:  "Say, 'How do you open it?'"  
STUDENT: "How do you open it?"  
Instructor: "You have to turn it this way."  (opens and gives child the reinforcer.)

Can

(Child enjoys watching the instructor do silly things and regularly gives "contingent comments" with no prompting.)
Instructor:  "Let's play a game!  Can you do this?"  (does something silly for child to imitate)
STUDENT: "Yes I can!" (Imitates)   
Instructor: "That's silly! Now it's your turn."
STUDENT: "Can you do this?"  (performs a silly behavior for instructor to imitate)  Instructor:  "Yes, I can!" (Or, "No, I can't!"  if appropriate!)

Do / Does

Instructor: "We can go outside if everyone wants to.  Say, 'Do you want to go outside?'" (directing child to ask another child in the group of 3.)   
STUDENT: "Do you want to go outside?"  (continue with other children, hoping all will say yes!)
Instructor: "You can play ball if you find someone to play with.  Say, 'Do you want to play ball?'" (directing the child to approach another person)
STUDENT: "Do you want to play ball?"  (continue until you find someone that says, "yes")
These are just examples of the many activities that can be used to teach the child to ask questions.  The important things to remember are:
1) The information should not be known
2) he information should be "valuable" to the child.

回复

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|以琳自闭症论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 08:58