以琳自闭症论坛

找回密码
 注册 (请写明注册原因,12小时内通过审核)
查看: 3097|回复: 3
打印 上一主题 下一主题

纽约时报:一个爸爸讲述如何通过迪斯尼动画片与自闭症儿子交流的故事(英文版,求翻译)

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2014-3-8 17:21:19 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Reaching My Autistic Son Through Disney
By RON SUSKINDMARCH 7, 2014

In our first year in Washington, our son disappeared.
Just shy of his 3rd birthday, an engaged, chatty child, full of typical speech — “I love you,” “Where are my Ninja Turtles?” “Let’s get ice cream!” — fell silent. He cried, inconsolably. Didn’t sleep. Wouldn’t make eye contact. His only word was “juice.”
I had just started a job as The Wall Street Journal’s national affairs reporter. My wife, Cornelia, a former journalist, was home with him — a new story every day, a new horror. He could barely use a sippy cup, though he’d long ago graduated to a big-boy cup. He wove about like someone walking with his eyes shut. “It doesn’t make sense,” I’d say at night. “You don’t grow backward.” Had he been injured somehow when he was out of our sight, banged his head, swallowed something poisonous? It was like searching for clues to a kidnapping.
After visits to several doctors, we first heard the word “autism.” Later, it would be fine-tuned to “regressive autism,” now affecting roughly a third of children with the disorder. Unlike the kids born with it, this group seems typical until somewhere between 18 and 36 months — then they vanish. Some never get their speech back. Families stop watching those early videos, their child waving to the camera. Too painful. That child’s gone.
In the year since his diagnosis, Owen’s only activity with his brother, Walt, is something they did before the autism struck: watching Disney movies. “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin” — it was a boom time for Disney — and also the old classics: “Dumbo,” “Fantasia,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi.” They watch on a television bracketed to the wall in a high corner of our smallish bedroom in Georgetown. It is hard to know all the things going through the mind of our 6-year-old, Walt, about how his little brother, now nearly 4, is changing. They pile up pillows on our bed and sit close, Walt often with his arm around Owen’s shoulders, trying to hold him — and the shifting world — in place.
2#
 楼主| 发表于 2014-3-8 17:22:52 | 只看该作者

re:未完。一共有30页,不会使用插入文档。求...

未完。一共有30页,不会使用插入文档。求高手的指点一下!
回复

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2014-3-9 00:51:20 | 只看该作者

re:这个文章讲的当然是件好事但是去特地翻译三...

这个文章讲的当然是件好事但是去特地翻译三十页的文章,有点太不值得了.因为这个道理很明显,过去我也推荐过,比如说,有的孩子刻板地喜欢各种汽车,有的家里就买了两三百个玩具汽车,我说其实这两三百的玩具汽车,对我们来说,还比不上一套"玩具总动员"的玩具,因为这个玩具本身就是一个人物,可以拿来当人物玩具用的,所以练习说话啊,对话啊,社交啊,讲故事啊,都是活生生的道具.
回复

使用道具 举报

4#
 楼主| 发表于 2014-3-9 09:26:47 | 只看该作者

re:嗯,有道理。迪斯尼这部动画片真的很吸引孩...

嗯,有道理。迪斯尼这部动画片真的很吸引孩子,我家大宝目前很痴迷《米奇妙妙屋》。卡通人物个性鲜明,故事情节具有探索性,让孩子在乐趣中学到不少常识。更重要的是团队精神、朋友间的赏识互助、还有幽默诙谐贯穿始终,是一部很好的动画片!
呃~其实是我的英语水平很一般,看不太懂,嘿嘿
回复

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|以琳自闭症论坛

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 11:45