跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2010-5-18 04:26:51 | 显示全部楼层 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
大家好,

针对语言方面的问题, 我联系了从事自闭症儿童语言治疗的专家。他们非常的愿意回答家长们关于孩子语言方面的问题。

专家组成员包括:
(1)有五年以上工作经验的ABA治疗师
(2)公立学校特教老师
(3)两位家长 (孩子接受ABA每周35小时的训练,有一位家长曾在中国生活过很长时间)
(4)某大学语言治疗系教授(研究图片交流系统,及没有语言的儿童的交流)
(5)研究行为分析的某大学教授

大家可以把您的问题写在下面。 我会从中间选出一些来,翻译后给他们。如果您想问两位家长问题,请注明。

J蚂蚁

2#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-5-19 21:43:06 | 显示全部楼层

re:今天我们会把大家的问题翻译出来,然后发给...

今天我们会把大家的问题翻译出来,然后发给专家组。
谢谢大家的问题。

我们目前正在提交一份建议书,希望能够筹集到一部分资金。这部分资金会用在雇佣翻译人员,将大部分有关自闭症的英文信息翻译成中文。

回复

使用道具 举报

3#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-6-3 00:03:32 | 显示全部楼层

re:针对于一些家长的问题, Anne(公立学...

针对于一些家长的问题, Anne(公立学校特教老师,10多年来一直从事自闭症孩子的教育)提到图片交流系统。以下是她的邮件
“As far as prerequisite skills for PECS, we have used them with children all across the spectrum.  Even those kids people consider “so low”, we are still able to teach.  One of the biggest requirements is for the adults to figure out what is reinforcing to the child or individual.  For many of our young kids, movement activities (such as swinging them or bouncing, etc.) are reinforcing.  We really have to get creative.  Too often I see people just stick with food.  I also start with actual photos rather than symbols since so many young kids are so concrete and visual.  For many of our young kids, I make our photos big, and over time we are able to decrease the size. We’ve had some ASD kids with visual impairment, and we’ve adapted their photos to make them larger as well.  Some of our young kids stay at the single photo level for quite some time, and discrimination takes quite awhile and lots of practice.  These are also the kids who have difficulty learning matching and sorting skills in discrete trial training as well.  It hasn’t been unusual to see some kids at the single photo level for a year.  It’s also important to stay with the system a long time to give it a chance”

另外, Anne 推荐了一个网站http://www.autismnetwork.org/modules/index.html(英文)。

Getting Started (如何在家里运用图片交流系统):

In Phase I of PECS, the student is taught the “nature” of communication--he will learn to approach another person (reach toward), direct an action (give a picture), and receive a desired outcome, i.e., the item requested.  Just as typically developing children do not use actual words during their early learning period, PECS students also will not yet choose a specific picture.  Instead, he uses the single picture that is provided for him by the teacher.  A child does not have to have mastered discrimination between symbols or pictures before learning the basic elements of communication.  Just as with typically developing children, learning to use a specific word or symbol will come later.  Typically developing children learn both to request and to comment at virtually the same time because tangible and social reinforcement are equally effective for them.  Once developed, commenting and requesting are the skills that serve as the foundation for conversation throughout life.

Whereas typical communication development involves outcomes that are either tangible or social, children learning PECS first will learn to communicate for tangible outcomes (foods, toys, etc.) because these are the most effective reinforcers.  So when we begin the protocol, we teach requesting.  We will discuss later how to teach commenting and other types of communication that result in social outcomes.

Phase I: “How to Communicate”

The student and two trainers are in a common area, often seated, though not necessarily so.  One trainer (the communicative partner) is in front of the student.  The other trainer (the physical prompter) is in back of the student.  The communicative partner out of reach of the student holds a “highly preferred” item.  The picture of the item is on the table (floor, etc.) between the student and the communicative partner.

The target sequence is: 1) pick up, 2) reach, and 3) release.  As described earlier, a limitation of many traditional training protocols is that the students do not learn spontaneity.  This is not a failing of the student or a symptom or characteristic of a particular disability.  Rather, it is the logical result of a “teacher-led” training strategy.  Spontaneity involves “going first.”

To teach spontaneity in Phase I, we must ensure that the student “goes first.” Initially, we elicit this behavior by identifying a powerful reinforcer, withholding it for a while, and then presenting or showing it to the student.  The student’s most likely response is to try to get the item or to reach for it.  This reach is the student’s “going first” behavior.

It initially is not communicative because the student is directing this behavior to the reinforcer, not the communicative partner.  The physical prompter waits for this reach, though, and over successive trials uses physical prompts to shape this behavior into picking up a picture, reaching to the communicative partner, and releasing the picture into the communicative partner’s hand. As the communicative partner systematically reinforces this behavior by providing the tangible item, this “reaching” behavior becomes communicative when the student reaches to the communicative partner with a picture.

Phase II: Distance and Persistence

Phase II is the phase that lasts forever.  We teach persistent communication by arranging for multiple opportunities to communicate in a variety of environments, for a variety of items, with a variety of communicative partners, across a variety of obstacles.  Each time a student masters a new skill from this point forward in PECS, we will re-visit Phase II issues by ensuring that the student can use the new skill while “traveling” and in all the various circumstances listed below:
•        Distance to communicative partner
•        Distance to book
•        Variety of communicative partners
•        Variety of environments
•        Expectant look
•        Variety of reinforcers
•        Enticement style
•        Variety of activities (lessons)
•        Eye contact
•        Sitting vs. standing vs. “on the move”
•        Body orientation
•        Furniture
•        Taking picture from room to room to find communicative partner

Phase III:  Picture Discrimination

We begin teaching discrimination by presenting the student with a choice of two pictures.  Which two pictures we begin with are critical.  If we began discrimination training by presenting the student with two pictures of equally desired items, the student could conceivably give us one picture expecting to get the other item, but still be happy when we give him what the exchanged picture represents.  The initial lesson in discrimination training should be one that teaches the student that there are specific consequences for exchanging one picture versus another.  This lesson is more salient when the consequences for one versus the other are vastly different.  Consequently, when we begin Phase III, we initially use a picture of a desired item and a picture of an item that the student does not want.  The student learns that giving a specific picture results in access to something he does not want.

我会陆续的把其他专家的答案放在网页上。谢谢大家的耐心!也特别谢谢一些家长们帮忙翻译(秋爸爸,thankstoyilin,还有冯帮主 等等)。
回复

使用道具 举报

4#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-6-4 05:36:09 | 显示全部楼层

re:秋爸爸:PECS 是语言干预其中的一种研...

秋爸爸:PECS 是语言干预其中的一种研究证明有效的方法。PECS在美国和英国的公立学校运用的很普遍。很多研究也证明其有效性。

回复

使用道具 举报

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-6-5 00:16:09 | 显示全部楼层

re:更多的回帖:My son is 3...

更多的回帖:
My son is 3 years old and is receiving training at a local training center for children with autism in China.  His speech ability is within the normal range for his age; he is able to talk in full sentences.  However, he is lack of initiative to speak.  He only initiates to talk for 3 to 4 words each time.  I try to do my best to encourage him to finish full sentences whenever he initiates to talk.  The practitioner at the training center suggested that my son is an introvert.  We need to assist him to find meaning and motivation to initiate speaking.  I have worked on that but it still seems it is not enough.
Think about his age-listen to how other 3 year olds talk and what they talk about.  At that age many kids are using more “descriptors” such as a “blue bike” or the “big ball”.  Even with our verbal children,PECS is helpful in expanding their sentences, especially using descriptors.  Anytime visuals are used along with practice, it is easier for kids with autism to “rehearse” what they want to say.  Research has shown many kids with autism have the most difficulty in initiating conversations.  Give them topics of interest to them to get them going.  Many of our kids with autism especially those who are more cognitively able or have Asperger’s, tend to have a perfectionistic streak in them, and may not talk if they feel they don’t do it correctly, or are going to be corrected.  Using a visual system allows them to put sentences together, look at the sentence and rearrange it before saying it outloud.  Give practice 1-1 or small groups; make it fun!  We often talk about what is on the kids shirts, shoes, backpacks, etc.  This way they can recognize their friends interests as well.   Turntaking can be more structured with talking initially, again using visuals. Use repetitive, predictable stories and songs to give practice as you expand sentences.j
I think it is really important to think about what is age-appropriate for kids to talk about.  I can always tell which kids have been in adult-directed learning when they approach another child and say “Hi, how are you”.  Typical 3 year olds don’t say that!!!

(1)Is there any suggestion related to motivation of initiating conversation in children that you can provide? Also, my son has a tendency to talk to himself with no specific speech content. Sometimes he talks, sings, read poems out loud impulsively, and the content often is unable to be understood. Could you help?
        I always think of much of this as “practicing” talking.  Again, visuals can be helpful in helping a child focus.  It’s often interesting to learn how many of our kids with autism actually “perceive” what they are hearing!  They often repeat words/phrases the way they hear them and then process them.  Again, giving them practice in awareness of how words should sound is helpful.  Listening to recorded words/watching DVD’s of particular programs that kids are interested in they pronounce the words correctly can be helpful.

2)      How to effectively correct speech pronunciation of children? My son is 3 years old. He cannot pronounce words accurately. I tried to talk slowly to teach him accurate pronunciation; however, it doesn’t seem to be working. Please give me some advice, thank you.
        Look at the developmental stages of how speech sounds develop and when they should occur. Check with a speech therapist; many English speech sounds(such as “r”s) aren’t expected to develop until the children are 4 or older. Again, giving children opportunities to practice (and I think it should be in fun ways, not just drills) is helpful

3)      My son is 3 ½  years old. He has well comprehension and memory, but the development of speech is slow. He did not have any speech before he received interventions. Now, he can speck a few words such as mom, dad, I, doll, no, number two, five, and eight. Are there any methods to improve a child’s speaking ability?
        I can’t stress it enough!  Picture Exchange Communication System!!!(PECS) I provides visuals and opportunities to initiate speech.  Also, go with your child’s high interest areas (counting, ABC’s, dinosaur names-whatever they interest!!)
With young children, movement activities always help with producing more speech sounds.  You’ll get more sounds/words with movement activities than just sitting in a chair.  

4)      My son is 3 years old and four months. He didn’t have any speech before until recently. Now, he learned to repeat words. He will repeat the words that I said. It has been half year. I don’t know how to teach him to engage in normal conversation.
        Children who start speaking late (and hooray that he has started to speak!!) need time to practice.  Use fun, repetitive activities, such as stories and songs that the child is familiar with, and use visuals with them to start.  Do movement activities (which always stimulate speech) such as bouncing or swinging, and use the “ready, set, …..GO!” sequence.  Each time stop the activity, say “ready, set, “….and pause, waiting for the child to say the “go”
When using PECS, give time for the child to process, formulate the words and say them.  It is amazing how much time some kids need to say the words more fluidly.  It comes with practice.  It is often hard for adults to stop talking and give kids time to respond!!
Conversations are more likely to begin as the child becomes more fluid in their thinking and speech.  It is quite a process to think about the words, then think about how to physically say them.  Incorporate high interest areas to stimulate beginning conversations, which will be short initially!!

5)      Is oral muscle strengthening and training effective? How to eliminate the repetitive questioning behavior in children with autism? How to improve social skills and increase self-esteem?
        Oral motor training activities are very effective as a part of communication development.  Again, it is important to make them fun!  Blowing bubbles, using a variety of different items to blow them, blowing feathers, imitating faces, etc.  Speech therapists and OT’s  have a wealth of information about these techniques.  
        Repetitive questioning:  When kids do this I want to figure out WHY they are doing this!  Many times they are limited in their strategies to initiate intereactions/conversations, so they use a strategy that is tried and true, such as repetitive questions!  With some children I can rephrase the question to them (“What do you think it is?”   “Why do you think he does that?”)  If you know the child knows the answer, rephrase the question.  Give practice with other social language strategies and again, use visuals!
Social skills and self-esteem develop best with positive practice, successful interactions and beginning structured interactions in which the adult helps facilitate the interactions.  Teaching children how to have fun and enjoy doing fun activities with peers is a good first step.  Often interactions that don’t require a great deal of language can be successful as a first step (such as playing together at a park or playground.)  In structured play situations, have enough materials so kids can use the same materials alongside each other without having to get into sharing/turntaking initially.  This will develop as their comfort level and trust level develops with peers.  There are many good resources for social skills.

6)      My child is 3 ½ years old. He only can repeat what other said and cannot distinguish the different between pronoun such as he, she, and it. Are there any effective methods that I can implement with my child?
Check out where the child as at developmentally in their speech.  If the child is still repeating words/phrases, understanding pronouns will be difficult.  When the child is at a stage where he can understand pronouns, using a visual can be helpful. We have used the picture of a boy/girl along with the printed words “He is___” or “she is_____” Again, positive practice is helpful!  When you think about the concrete, visual way that most individuals with autism think, and the young age of the child, understanding pronouns is difficult.

7)      I tried everything to help my child ask questions. It does not work. Could you provide some activities that I can use to help?
Look at high interest areas-what would your child be motivated to ask questions about?  We do a variety of repetitive high interest activities, along with visuals to stimulate asking questions.  We talk about the weather (using the “Weather Song” by Dr. Jean) and visuals.  We start with yes/no questions (Is it sunny?-look out the window. Yes or No?)  We talk about “What’s on your shirt?” and have the kids take turns asking their friends; same with snack-“What’s for snack today?”
Video modeling can be helpful too as kids get a little older.  Again, look at your child’s peers; what are they asking questions about?  

8)      My child seldom initiates any conversation. Most of his language is about requesting things he need. And he does not look at people when he is speaking. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
Research has shown initiating conversations and interactions is one of the most difficult things with individuals with autism.  Start with high interest areas and build in turn-taking, so your child also learns to listen and respond.  Looking at people can be very stressful for some individuals with autism, but they can sometimes learn to do it in certain situations.  Practice and confidence helps over time! Listen to our adult with autism and Asperger’s; some really cannot concentrate if they are looking at someone when speaking.  Each child is unique; get to know their style and comfort level. Video modeling again has shown some nice results as kids get older (kindergarten, elementary age and above) Nobody wants to “fail” at interacting, so knowing how to do it and feeling positive about it will help.
9)      Do you know some websites with good information on improving communication skills?
The Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) , The Hanen Centre, SCERTS, Amy Wetherby, Vince Carbone-verbal behavior model; there is a huge amount of information on the web now!!
回复

使用道具 举报

6#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-6-5 00:17:01 | 显示全部楼层

re:homer, 没问题。先打借条。

homer, 没问题。先打借条。
回复

使用道具 举报

7#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-6-8 04:27:57 | 显示全部楼层

re:谢谢

谢谢
回复

使用道具 举报

8#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-6-8 10:57:30 | 显示全部楼层

re:谢谢thankstoyilin.

谢谢thankstoyilin.
回复

使用道具 举报

9#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-6-8 22:19:58 | 显示全部楼层

re:我们是个团队.我呢,就找周围非常有经验的...

我们是个团队.我呢,就找周围非常有经验的特教老师,语言治疗师提供大家可以在家里操作的方案,秋爸爸,Thanktoyilin,Homer帮忙翻译。等蚂蚁我筹到翻译经费后,再重谢!
回复

使用道具 举报

10#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-6-9 01:41:33 | 显示全部楼层

re:欣然妈妈,我刚才把你的问题翻译了,Ema...

欣然妈妈,我刚才把你的问题翻译了,Email给一位专家。 不好意思!
回复

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|以琳自闭症论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 23:12