Re:医学干预促进孩子的康复-- Kids with Starving Brain

海生:

请问IU(国际单位)和mg是怎样换算的,谢谢

回复

使用道具 举报

42#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-1-12 10:38:08 | 只看该作者

Re:医学干预促进孩子的康复-- Kids with Starving Brain

以下是我从网上查到的答案,供参考.来源是http://www.clinet.com.cn/clinetforum/cgi-bin/topic.cgi?forum=4&topic=379

(iu)国际单位是用生物活性来表示某些抗生素、激素、维生素及抗毒素量的药学单位。

以下是1个国际单位维生素A、C、D、E、青霉素的实际质量:

维生素A:1 国际单位(IU) = 0.300μg 结晶视黄醇 = 0.344μg 维生素A醋酸酯 = 0.550μg 维生素A棕榈酸酯 = 0.358μg 维生素A丙酸酯 = 1 美国药典单位(USP)

维生素C:1 国际单位(IU) = 50μg 抗坏血酸

维生素D:1 国际单位(IU) = 0.025μg 维生素D3(晶体) = 1 美国药典单位(USP) = 1 国际雏鸡单位(ICU)

维生素E:1 国际单位(IU) = 1mg DL-α-生育酚醋酸酯 = 1 美国药典单位(USP)

青霉素:1 国际单位(IU) = 0.60μg 结晶青霉素G钠盐

回复

使用道具 举报

43#
发表于 2006-10-26 15:35:00 | 只看该作者

re:有谁给孩子吃过宁斯泰定?有无酵母菌死亡反...

有谁给孩子吃过宁斯泰定?有无酵母菌死亡反应?
回复

使用道具 举报

44#
发表于 2006-10-26 21:57:21 | 只看该作者

re:宁斯泰定有酵母菌死亡反应!

宁斯泰定有酵母菌死亡反应!
回复

使用道具 举报

45#
发表于 2006-10-26 22:30:34 | 只看该作者

re:you shall give your...

you shall give your child nystatin step by step, little by little. look at the book "kids with starving brain" or Dr. Shaw's 自闭症生物疗法, there's usage per day. As I remember, the first 4 days, the dosage is different. using this method can reduce the die-off. Also you can use 活性炭 (activated charcoal-- kirkman has this: http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/products/specialty/charcoal/charcoal_839_100.html
) to reduce the die-off reaction.

here's a web page from an experienced Mom who has ASD kids. Please read this, it will be helpful! In the following, Dana said use activated charcoal 45 mins after you take anti-fungal medicine.  However, my Dan! doctor said we shall use 2 hours after any medicine, otherwise, all medicine you took would be absorbed. so we give my kid before bed time. Just the info here to let you refer.

Sorry, I am so slow to type chinese words. So if someone can translate it into chinese, then it'll benefit most of parents here.
==========================================================================================
From Dana's view  : http://www.danasview.net/yeast.htm

Yeast and Bacteria

Introduction

The healthy gut contains both yeast and good bacteria, in balance with each other. In many AS, however, one or the other can be out of balance. For example, yeast can overgrow and be too prevalent. Bacteria can overgrow, or there can be a complete lack of bacteria. Also, bad bacteria can develop, rather than good bacteria.

You can read Dr. Shaw's book [Great Plains Lab] online here -- Biological Treatments for Autism and PDD.

Symptoms of yeast and bacteria imbalance

For my son, yeast causes symptoms similar to phenol symptoms -- hyper and giggling, and sleep problems. Sometimes he would spin himself around in circles. For other children, it can cause red ring around the anus, "spaciness", anger and aggression, headache, head banging, sound sensitivity [holding the hands over the ears] and other similar issues. Also, my son's bms went from being firm and solid, to looking "airy and fluffy", similar to sponge cake. Also, it looked like it had strings of melted cheese in it. But sometimes my son's bms did not look any different than normal.

For bacteria overgrowth or "bad" bacteria, parents report their child had poor eye contact, tantrums, hand flapping and stimming, frequent [5-10 per day] and nasty bowel movements ranging from real soft to liquid. For my son, his bacteria bms looked like diluted cottage cheese.

There are several different types of yeast, including candida, which appears to be the most common variety. There are also several different types of "bad" bacteria, including clostridia and Citrabacter F.

My son never had a yeast or bacteria issue so far as I know, until I began chelating with ALA, when he did develop his first yeast issue. Because ALA excretes metals thru the gut, it does tend to increase the possibility of a yeast issue in yeast-sensitive children. Some people also report an increase in yeast issues when using DMSA for chelation.

There is also an increased tendency to develop a yeast issue if your child has to use antibiotics for ear infections or other issues. So if you choose to give your child antibiotics for something, be sure to use one of the OTC remedies indicated below, or ask your child's doctor for a prescription for an anti-fungal medication to use along with the antibiotics.

Lauricidin and other anti-virals can also cause yeast. With chelation [removal of heavy metals], my son's tendency toward yeast was entirely eliminated for about a year, until I started anti-virals. When I started Lauricidin with my son, his viral issues significantly reduced, but his yeast significantly increased. More information on this below.

Yeast can be in other places besides in the gut. Yeast can be in the mouth [thrush], or on the skin [diaper rash area or feet/toes or other skin area]. See ideas under OTC methods for addressing these yeast issues.

Testing

Testing for these issues can be performed at any competent laboratory, altho many parents report that "standard" laboratories did not detect their child's yeast and/or bacteria issues. Here are two laboratories with sites on the internet for your information.

The Great Plains Laboratory -- Testing

Great Smokies Diagnostic Laboratory

Dietary treatment options

During the "die-off" phase, when the excess yeast and/or bacteria is dying off, toxins released by the dying organisms can [altho not necessarily so] cause very severe negative reactions, so it is best to progress slowly, to minimize this die-off effect. Giving activated charcoal about 45 minutes after any yeast treatment can help absorb the toxins of die off.

The first thing to do is eliminate or at least drastically reduce the consumption of yeast, sugars, and carbohydrates. This includes using yeast-free breads and other baked goods. Sugars include cane sugar, fructose, honey, molasses, fruits, maple syrup, high fructose corn syrup, and other sources of sugars. Check supplements, especially chewables. A "little" sugar is okay, but you need to be aware of, and monitor, the total sugar intake.

For reduced carbohydrates, consider your child's consumption of wheat, rice, potatoes, corn, and other grains. There is a specialized diet called the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, which removes from the diet the carbohydrates which feed the yeast, allowing the body to rid itself of yeast on its own. For information on SCD diet specifically for autism, click here.

Some kids need removal of these carbohydrates AND removal or at least reduction of sugars as indicated above.

Over the counter treatment options

After considering dietary interventions, it is best to first try supplementing with probiotics, which is good bacteria and "food" for the good bacteria. This will not only help the good bacteria, but it also helps yeast issues because these bacteria will then kill the yeast themselves. Unfortunately, my son does not tolerate any probiotics that I have tried, even with enzymes. So you should choose a probiotic product and then start slowly, watching for effects. It may be that the probiotic is tolerated, but is causing die-off effect, so it is difficult to know if any negative effect is intolerance to the probiotic, or die-off. With my son, I started probiotics when he did NOT have a yeast issue, so I know it was intolerance and not die-off effect.

Here is a very comprehensive description of what are probiotics, and a list of the different types of probiotics and what they do.

Probiotics short course and strains

Probiotics are cultured in some sort of "medium", including milk and apples and possibly other things. If you are trying to stay gfcf, be sure you select a probiotic which does not contain milk and is not cultured in milk.

You can find many probiotics at any local health food store. You can also purchase probiotics and yeast control at Kirkman Labs, Vitamin Research Products, and Culturelle.

Other over the counter [OTC] remedies you can find at most health food stores, that you can try, are GSE [I use this for yeast] and olive leaf extract and colloidal silver [for bacteria]. Other yeast remedies you can consider, are garlic, oil of oregano, uva ursi, and biocidin.

I use GSE [grapefruit seed extract] for my son's yeast issues. It works GREAT! Eliminated his yeast issue in 2-3 days. I use the concentrated drops from Nutribiotic, which I buy at my local health food store. There is available a capsule form of GSE, but I have never used that so I do not know if it is equally as effective. There are a few potential negatives to GSE that I know of, one is that it does have phenol effect, so start with 1-2 drops in the morning, then watch to see any phenol-type reactions. Also, if your child is using SSRI medication, then you should not use GSE, because it slows down liver metabolism and affects levels of medications like SSRIs. And in individuals with liver metabolism which is already slow, they would want to avoid GSE, or if for some reason GSE is required, it is recommended to avoid strong-flavored foods and spices, and that will help.

Some parents have found similar dramatic results for their child's bacteria issues by using colloidal silver. There is some information that it should not be given long term, but over a period of 10 days, along with Culturelle, and then continuing with Culturelle alone, produced dramatic positive results for several people. There is a possibility of argyria, which is silver deposits under the skin causing discoloration, so do consider potential negatives as well as positives, and do not use it long term. My son's bacteria issue was not as bad as some kids, so he did well with olive leaf extract, which is an anti-bacterial and an anti-viral.

Yeast can be in other places besides in the gut. For yeast in the mouth [thrush], using GSE or other method can help. For yeast on the skin [diaper rash area or feet/toes or other skin area], you can put a diluted GSE on the skin, or go to your larger grocery store and purchase Lotrimin cream.

There are enzyme products now available, that will digest the yeast cell-wall and allow either the body's own system [along with probiotics] to eliminate the yeast, or if given along with GSE or other anti-fungal, the enzymes will cause the anti-fungal to be much more effective. These enzyme products are No-Fenol from HNI, Candidase from Enzymedica, and Candex [don't know the manufacturer for this one].

Prescription treatment options

There are several medications available for yeast and bacteria issues. One benefit of these options is that you and your doctor can choose a medication which targets the specific type of yeast or bacteria which is at issue. Medications for yeast include Nystatin and Diflucan. Medications for certain bacteria issues include Bactrim, Vancomycin, and neomycin [specially compounded oral suspension].

Lauricidin and Yeast

Lauricidin is an anti-viral over-the-counter supplement. I am using it for my son's viral issues. However, even tho it is not *supposed* to, it does cause yeast for my son, even tho he had not had a yeast issue since about round 50 of ALA chelation [chelation of heavy metals generally also helps resolve the underlying cause of yeast issues for many kids]. Because Lauricidin is *supposed* to be effective for yeast issues, my theory is that it is the viral die off which is triggering the yeast issue, and the yeast it causes is different than the traditional "gut-yeast" of many kids. My son's yeast from use of Lauricidin is not "gut-yeast", because it does not manifest in the bms at all, only in his behaviors.

I used GSE for yeast before chelation removed the yeast problem, but GSE did basically nothing for my son's yeast issue which was caused by the use of Lauricidin. I tried oil of oregano, which appeared to work better on this yeast, but not as well as I would like.

Then someone I know, whose child also developed yeast with Lauricidin, had her child tested and she sent me his test results. The results indicated that her child had two strains of yeast [albicans and parapsilosis] and those strains were susceptible to the OTC yeast killers uva ursi and garlic. So I tried those instead of GSE and oil of oregano, and my son is much better now.
回复

使用道具 举报

46#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-10-27 14:08:23 | 只看该作者

re:来自<<自闭症:有效的生物医学治疗>>...

来自<<自闭症:有效的生物医学治疗>>
更多抗真菌药物:
制真菌素(Nystatin宁斯泰定)或者Amphoteracin B
Nystatin在美国50多年前就开始使用了. 关于它的潜在毒性, 当口服的时候, Nystatin和它的相似物Amphoteracin B与S. boulardii属于同一种类, 它们都不被血液吸收,仅仅治疗肠道. 在过去的二十多年中, 根据测定真菌的粪便培养实践中,我们发现越来越多的酵母对Nystatin产生抵抗力, 所以我认为没有在美国普遍使用的Amphoteracin B是更好的选择(注:对于美国孩子来说).  口服纯粉末形状的Amphoteracin B,并且让它在孩子的口中停留一会,然后再咽下去, 因为口腔是酵母喜欢定居的地方. 另外, 最好频繁服用,每天4次, 因为它不进入血液. 许多药物一旦咽下去后1个小时左右, 当浓度水平达到峰值水平后, 就进入血流,然后它们浓度开始降低, 因为肝脏把他们解毒后, 排泄到尿中;整个过程就像涨潮和退潮.

服用Nystatin或者Amphoteracin B就像把一些苹果扔进河里, 它们顺流而下, 在每个点都经过, 但马上离开.  如果你的孩子在消化道的任何部位有酵母, 只有当这些药物正巧流经酵母所在的区域才会产生效果. 药物走了以后, 剩下的酵母会繁殖并且重建家园. 这就是为什么应该在饭前或者饭后半个小时以上服用, 因为可以避免药物与食物争夺通道, 从而可以增大抓住酵母的机会.

制真菌素(Nystatin宁斯泰定)或者Amphoteracin B没有任何显著毒性, 因为它们只停留在肠道内. 我25年的医疗实践中,给成千上万的患者开Nystatin, 从没有发现中毒反应.

然而, 我也曾经发现死亡反应, 偶尔还有些吓人.  不过遵守以上服用方法和避免便秘, 死亡反应可以最小化.  对抗真菌药物的不良反应正好是你要治疗的症状,这是一个好消息;因为这证明这些症状与酵母问题有关联, 最终会随着抗真菌治疗而改善
回复

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|以琳自闭症论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-28 23:25